Monday, May 19, 2008

Lots To Tell

playing hard but having fun!

warming up for the game


Jordan and her team got to play a season ender at the new semi-pro soccer team's season opener 2 weeks ago. The Austin Aztex are the minor league. But there is already a huge following.




We have had quite a bit going on the last few weeks! It's always so busy, especially when Spring comes. I am so used to the routine of early rising and late nights! But I know with Summer vacation right around the corner I will surely get used to not having to get up at 5:40am every week day! And I wish I was a morning person, but alas, I am not. I really don't get motivated (unless I have to) until the afternoon. Then I have great amounts of energy for a few hours. It helps to get the workout done first thing in the morning, though, with the endorphins (sp?) and all. I wish there were more to be had for me, though! Lol.



Co and Jo wrapped up their regular rec. soccer season a couple of weekends ago, and since Co has had the broken ankle, he really didn't participate in the season. But the last 2 weekends, he did referee games and was all too happy to be back around the game. He's out of the boot as of last week but has to wear a brace for 4-6 more weeks. I could still see where the piece of bone had not healed, but the doc said the growth plate looked good, so I havn't been stressing as much. He's allowed to cycle, swim, and walk, but not to run. Fat chance. I have been on him several times to slow down, but he is the expert of course. His doc gave him the go-ahead to try out for select soccer, and he was offered a spot after the first round of try-outs, which I am told is a good accomplishment. So congrats, son, you deserve it! For those who don't know, select soccer is more than the regular recreational soccer league. They have to be chosen, and there is no more of the 'get a trophy for paying the registration fee' stuff. It's heftier cost-wize and competition-wize. Therer are trainers and more practices. It's right up his alley. We should have put him in it before now, but with his focus on so many activities it just wasn't a good idea. So he will be busy this fall with the new team and the new HS classes and getting used to a new school. More to come... we made another trip to Sea World!...

1 comment:

Angie said...

That's awesome that he made the team! Very exciting. And that's cool that she got to play on that field. I bet they felt like big shots :) We are very busy here also, but we are softballers. And daddy got elected commissioner this year...so add that to the mix and I hear ya on the early morning/late night thing!