Man have I been busy! It seems like I can't get a minute to sit down and catch up! So let's see... Jordan and I had a great time chillin' in Midland at Eldora's. There's nothing else to do there, so we just hung out. It was awesome to just relax. We stopped in Abilene on our way back and connected with an old friend, Amanda, whom we both were pals with when we were in Abilene. I called up the folks, so they came in for lunch and sat awhile. Eldora visited with her oldest daughter.
When we got to RR, we started the week off with a bang by going to San Marcos to float the river all Sunday afternoon and capped it off with a trip to Mamacita's. There are none of those around here, so it was a real treat. Then I think we spent most of the time at home, since the kids had all passed around colds, so no water park or swimming pool for the rest of the week. I took her to see Baby Momma, which is one of the funniest movies ever. We went shopping at the outlet mall and ate at La Madeline with our girls and Nathan(3), while Cody entertained Josh(8) at the house with Halo. It's okay that Josh played it, though, since he is 8 going on 47. And he can tell you more about any battle or war, probably than the people who fought it. Some day, he will be planning all of this country's intelligence, I swear!
But anyway, back to the mall, the high light for Jordan and Samantha(7) was their Camp Rock backpack and lunch box. Too cool for school. I swear, they remind me of New Kids On The Block. Lol.
The other big trip was to the Texas State History Museum. We would have taken the kids to the Imax, but they were showing The Dark Knight, and we didn't feel like scaring the bejebers out of a bunch of little kids, so we just settled for having lunch there instead. It was pretty cool. I definitely recommend it to anyone that comes to town.
I will post pics soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great to hear from you again...was afraid we lost ya :) Sounds like you guys had a great visit...minus the colds :( Speaking of NKOTB...guess who's name I saw in the radio the other day??? ...Menudo?!?! Can you believe it!
The pictures are so good! I can't believe how much everyone had grown. We had Josh spend the night with Bryce Sat. and they picked right off like they had never been apart. It was great seeing you and getting to see the kiddos. Hope to hear from you soon! (And I saw the new Menudo perform at the US Open on tv-- not as good as the original, but then nothing ever is.)
Post a Comment