
This week we are mourning the passing of a great lady, my Mom, Deanie. I have taken several days to sit and even contemplate what I would even say in this post, as the words rush so quickly I can hardly organize my thoughts. I can't count the number of times this week I have taken out my phone to call her, nor the amount of times her face has been in my mind. I feel robbed, as I am sure our whole family does. But she was very ill with cancer so we know she is with her Father now. I am secure in that, though my heart is still in a million pieces. We miss you mom. The kids miss their Ississ...( say it fast like dishes...)
http://northsfuneralhome.com/obituaries.php
We spread her ashes on the shore at Lake Fort Phantom along with dozens of beautiful blossoms. She is with her mother now, at the site of their old homestead. It was windy, the weather impatient just like Mom. It was getting colder, just before the front came in, and I knew she would want us to get on with it because she didn't like the cold. So we said a prayer and laughed and cried, and then she was gone.
But never forgotten. Ever.
2 comments:
It doesn't matter what we say, it doesn't lessen the pain. Just wanted to tell you I love you and that I can see Deanie and Merrie looking down on us while listening to AC/DC, Nirvana....and saying look at them, they just need to cheer up!!!! We are doing fine.
Love You Panda
Kellie
Post a Comment