Friday, July 25, 2008

Lots Going On

We have had a lot going on for it to be a 'lazy summer'. We never had the chance to take a great vacation this summer since Kevin's work load has been so heavy the last few months, so we improvised with a series or road trips, baseball and soccer games, and many many days of plain old swimming. The thing is, there are a million and a half attractions in Austin that are either free or reasonable, but once you factor in gas prices, the allure of traveling out to Cabella's to shop (40 mi.) or over to San Marcos or New Braunfels to float (a little farther) sort of goes away. So we have had a blast just being lazy and hanging around, not seeing a heck of a lot of Daddy but enjoying the time we get with him.
He and Cody left for Dallas yesterday. Kevin went to a business conference, while Cody went to Frisco to Leeann's (Kevin's baby sis) and Alex's(our bro-in-law) for a week of hanging out and a major league soccer match Sunday between the L.A. Galaxy and Dallas 'whatever-they-are's'. He's sooooo psyched to see Beckham play. And he took his Beckham jersey and a camera too. I think Kevin would jump ship from the meeting to go to that, since they both live and breathe soccer. Alex is from El Salvador, and an awesome soccer player, so Cody gets the privelage of playing with Alex's team this week. He is already in hog Heaven, I am sure.
So Jo and I are solo this weekend, although last night we hosted all of the Brownies and their Moms for a planning meeting. Which if course meant, eat dinner, chat and visit and throw out a few 'official' GS items between subjects and yelling upstairs, " you girls lower it a notch!"
Kevin will be home Sunday night, after another flight to San Antonio this evening and a tired drive home. Then Monday, EARLY, he's dropping Jo and me at the airport. We're going to Midland for the week to see my BFF Eldora and her family for the week. Then the maniac task of driving all the way back down here with us girls and all the kids (5 in all) begins. This is the third summer to do this, since our little Sayles Blvd/Amarillo Ct. neighborhood was interrupted with the upsetting news of both of our husbands being moved. First me, then her. Sigh. So we are really looking forward to all morning coffee chats and all evening wine chats, and watching in awe of how much our babies have grown over the years.
Last weekend we went back to Abilene to trade in for a new-to -us Yukon XL. So, it's really nice and really low miles, but no TV, so I want the ones that go in the back of the headrests. I guess this could be an early birthday present, considering the last one was for my birthday. Pretty awesome gift, I think.
Don't forget to POST YOUR COMMENTS! I see the counter moving up, but no comments! Even a "hey scumbag, nice post" is better than nothing! Ha! Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Angie said...

You guys sound busy like us. That's cool that the guys get yo some up our way to get their soccer high :) I think the team is FC Dallas?? Maybe? And your trip out to Midland sounds really fun! Congrats on the new car. I have a suburban and love it. We went with the tvs in headrests and it was the BEST decision EVER! We've had the flip down and this are WAY better. Best Buy had the best price...2 years ago. Good luck and great to hear form you as always :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I got to see you and Jordan and your mom and in-laws yesterday. Jordan had grown sooo much. It makes me sad to think that we aren't closer to where they can all grow up together. Braden always admired Cody and wanted to do everything he did--now he's off to Madison and Bryce is soon to follow. I still get to keep Brody little for now, but he's even starting cub scouts, playing his 2nd year of soccer, finished his 1st year of real baseball-- I think he's busier than the other two ever were! I hope you have a fun week with Eldora and all the kiddos! I'm jealous I'm not there! Have fun and keep posting-- I love to read and get your e-mails, too.